Natural Gas Fundamentals
« Return to Course Schedule
This intensive one-day course describes the industry
from the four major functions:
1. Origins and destinations of Natural Gas.
2. Exploration through distribution.
3. Buying, selling, marketing.
This course inter-twines the relationships of:
1. Market macro & micro fundamentals.
2. Purchasing and selling methodology.
3. Producing and marketing.
4. Understanding of the various market relationships
that impact the everyday aspects of the business.
What You Will Learn
- Physical properties of Natural Gas.Where Natural Gas is found.How Natural Gas is measured.Where have we been and where are we going: The history and future of Natural Gas in North America.The major consumers of Natural Gas: From home use to manufacturing.Exploration: The role of geologists and technology.Drilling: Onshore and offshore.Production, treatment, compression, and processing.Gathering, storage, and transmission.Transportation: Construction, safety, operations.Overview of Natural Gas marketing processes.Distribution: How Natural Gas gets to the burner tip.Gas Industry Standards Board.The "Players" who make the industry work:Suppliers - Marketers - Brokers - LocalDistribution Companies - Industrial andCommercial end users.Natural Gas futures and OTC derivatives.Transportation and how it works.Storage usefulness and seasonal peaking and balancing needs. Market Centers (Hubs): Services provided.
Who Should Attend
This course will benefit anyone seeking a top to bottom, fundamental education in the natural gas and power industry. Perfect for those new to the industry: Wholesale power and/or natural gas marketing companies, utilities, generation, supply and distribution personnel, traders, end-users, commercial companies, cogeneration, industrial companies & government agencies. Great for new hires, interdepartmental transfers, finance management, administrative personnel, and human resource personnel.