Fundamentals of Power & Gas
« Return to Course Offerings
Fundamentals of Power and Gas will introduce you to these dynamic and evolving industries & expose you to all of the critical "need to know" industry components. The course describes the natural gas & power industries from four major function areas:
1. Origins and destinations of natural gas and power.
2. Exploration through distribution.
3. Buying, selling and marketing.
Additionally, this course inter-twines the relationships of:
1. Market macro and micro fundamentals.
2. Purchasing and selling methodology.
3. Oroducing and marketing.
4. The various market relationships that impact the everyday aspects of the business.
What You Will Learn
Specific topics covered include:
- Overview of macro and micro U.S. natural gas and power market fundamentals.
- State of the power and natural gas industries.Power transmission - Electron flow from the plant to the end user.Power economics.FERC orders and their impact on the natural gas industry.The players and where they fit in the natural gas infrastructure.Transportation: Moving natural gas to market.Traditional buying techniques.
Who Should Attend
This course will benefit anyone seeking a top to bottom, fundamental education in the natural gas and power industry. Perfect for those new to the industry: Wholesale power and/or natural gas marketing companies, utilities, generation, supply and distribution personnel, traders, end-users, commercial companies, cogeneration, industrial companies & government agencies. Great for new hires, interdepartmental transfers, finance management, administrative personnel, and human resource personnel.